& Non-Instructional Operations
3542.4 – BP
BEVERAGE SALES AND USE
The Governing Board of the Placentia-Yorba Linda
District authorizes the Superintendent or
designee to approve the sale of beverages through the use of vending machines
or fountain pouring outside the District's Food Services
These sales must be conducted in accordance
with the following:
- Beverage sales are permitted if all of the following occur:
- the funds directly benefit the students attending the school,
- the sale has been approved in accordance with Board policy by the
Superintendent or designee,
- the sale does not reduce student participation in the District
Food Services program, and
- the beverages meet nutrition standards and other requirements
specified in law, Board Policy, and Administrative Regulations.
- Carbonated beverages may not be sold until 30 minutes after the end
of the school day.
- The Superintendent or designee shall determine where vending and
pouring machines may be placed at school sites, district offices, and
other school facilities.
- The nutrition and time restrictions of this policy shall apply only
to student accessible vending equipment.
- All contracts for the sale of beverages will meet the requirements
of the California Education Code.
Legal references: Ed Code 35182.5
Policy adopted: 9/13/05